I must get at least 10 to 20 emails every day telling me about all the health benefits of curcumin.
Is it really as amazing as they say it is? I looked at the research and found out a few very interesting things about this substance.
What is it?
Curcumin is a compound that comes from turmeric, a yellow spice that comes from the turmeric plant (in the ginger family). Turmeric is what gives curry its yellow color, but more importantly, it contains medicinal compounds, the main one being curcumin. Turmeric has been used for hundreds of years in Indian and Asian cuisine and for medicinal purposes, but only recently have scientists begun to investigate the chemistry of this spice compound.
Why use it?
Because of its anti-inflammatory effects, Turmeric (including curcumin) is commonly used to help health conditions such as:
- joint pain
- stomach pain (including ulcerative colitis)
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- gallbladder problems
- high cholesterol
- and kidney problems, among others.
Because the curcumin content in turmeric is not very high (only around 3%), it’s best to get curcumin in an extract form in order to get the full benefit of the compound. And because this compound is not easily absorbed in the bloodstream, it’s better when taken with black pepper, which increases the absorption by a whopping 2000%!
Scientific research has been done on some of the above diseases, and the results so far are not conclusive on each health condition. Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects; but some people may experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea. Be sure and check with your doctor if you have health issues that have not been treated. There are so many testimonials, however, from people who have tried curcumin and are extremely satisfied with the results. Here are a few.
Which curcumin is best?
First of all, buy it in the extract form. There are many reputable sources of top-quality curcumin. MarketHealth produces an excellent product, with top notch ingredients.
- MarketHealth’s Supplement is Third-Party Tested in order to ensure Curcumin 2000 is up to their standards, an unbiased third-party is hired to test and grade each new order for quality, safety, and effectiveness.
- MarketHealth’s Advanced Extraction Packs more Punch bulky powders are outdated and ineffective. High quality, pure extracts help introduce more of the critical active ingredients into your system.
- Six Vital Ingredients–extracts and nutrients– are the backbone of Curcumin 2000. Studied for over 20 years, these half-dozen active ingredients are designed to assist your body with healthy inflammatory regulation.